Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God Showed Up


A couple months ago I was trying to simplify my kid’s room. Background story: We live in a 1000 sq ft apartment. Two bedrooms. We have enough stuff in our home for six – ten people. Four kids worth of stuff is jammed into one room. Craziness? Yeah. We are officially on the road to buying our first home.

Anyway, all I have for the kids in their room is a dresser and a small side table (Along with the beds, of course.) I decide I must have a small bookshelf and a small dresser. I go to Walmart and Target to price some, then start thinking about the plastic roll around dresser that people usually use for their crafts and such. Within the next couple days I hit up the flea market and find this bookcase priced at $25. It’s a pale yellow and is missing a shelf. A guy comes over to help me and says, ‘I’ll take $15 since it’s missing the shelf.’ I didn’t really want the shelf anyway! ‘I’ll take it!’I exclaimed in my head.

So that night I’m still worrying about what I’m going to do for a dresser. I had set this day up for organizing and felt like I hadn’t accomplished it. My mother in law then shows up at the door with this.



She said she found it by the dumpster. It still had the sticker on it, it was so like new! I couldn’t believe it! After cleaning it I loaded it up and set it in the kids’ room very satisfied. It was just what I needed…and FREE!

I know this may seem small, but to me it was huge. At this point I didn’t really have a lot of money to spend on something like these two items. I guess you could say it wasn’t in the budget. I really needed to do something about these kids’ room so that they had access to play with their things without it becoming a danger zone. Then when I least expect it…God showed up. He provided for me. For anybody else it would not have meant as much as it did to me right then. And only I would be able to see it for what it really was.

I am so thankful for a loving God who knows that nothing is too small to show me that He cares, that He hears me, and that He wants for me too. I have kept this little picture on my phone just as a reminder that he cares even about the small things.

My question to you: How does God remind you that you matter to Him? Any testimonies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment