Friday, August 27, 2010

Journals, Journals and More Journals

Hi, My name is Delaina and I am addicted to Journals.
It's true. My husband has to literally pull me away from them in stores. 

 
 Journals designed by Elum
 

Aren't these so pretty?

I came to this realization when I went looking for what thoughts I had written down for myself that I thought I would share. 

And there they were. I've found about 10 of them so far. I'm gonna stop looking. 

I looked through them and saw that I may be scatter brained. Now I think the better word is just indecisive...I just couldn't decide which one to write in! 

My journals contain a lot of my interests. I don't really keep them like diaries much anymore. (Did that in high school. Threw those away about two years ago. Who really wants to remember all those stupid decisions we made in high school anyway? And the boys??) I keep my journals around for sudden strokes of genius, or just an impromptu grocery list. Whatever works. 

I found one that my mom bought for me when we went to see Joyce Meyer two years or so ago. (Lots of good things in that one. ) One of them my husband went through and wrote sweet nothings on a couple different pages. It's a keeper...so is he. Another one has a bunch of recipes, craft, decorating and beauty tips/ideas from other blogs I have read. My favorite one is the one where I keep lessons I hope to teach my girls. I love the influence I have on them. 

There's just so many different things I either don't want to forget or hope to work on more. I look at all these journals and wonder 'what AM I going to do with all this?' I like to think that at some point I will have accomplished all the crafts I thought were noteworthy or teach my daughters the lessons I should have learned, but I don't know... 

There are so many things in those journals that inspire me. So for now I'll just keep filling them up with my or someone else's ideas.I hope to at some point share these things with you. For now I am just astounded at all the ones I have.

Do you keep a journal(s)? What do you write in it/them? Do you have regrets that you'd like to throw away?

1 comment:

  1. I have another blog-- a LiveJournal that I've had for many, many years. It's kinda my baby. Although-- I feel like I've lost something typing away at my emotions instead of writing them. Recently I bought a physical journal but then I started my weightloss blog and haven't cracked it open!

    The LJ is bitter sweet because it's full of memories and pictures, but also of 2 past (painful) relationships. Yeah, I've had it since I think 2004-- A LOT of history there!

    ReplyDelete